Welcome to our Mobile Apps Guide. These pages, accessible by clicking on the tabs above, contain links for healthcare mobile apps and websites.
While we've included a lot of individual resources, you might want to do some "shopping" for yourself. We suggest you take a look at:
- AppBrain for reviews of and links to download Android medical apps
- Apple Store if you own an iPhone or iPad: With iOS 8, Apple has enabled an Explore function within the App Store that lets you search for apps by your medical specialty.
- Google Play if you own an Android device
- AndroLib for more Android apps
- iMedApps.com for the latest apps and for reviews; also includes a list of academic medical journals available for the iPad (which require individula subscriptions).
- Skyscape list of medical apps, many of which are free; also includes a list of over 400 (costly) books worth looking at if you need access to any of the titles on a frequent basis.
- Cyber Security Tips Newsletter provides useful information such as how to protect the information on you smartphone
- Happtique's certification seal is awarded to those apps that successfully meet the Happtique Health App Certification Program’s operability, privacy, security and content standards and associated performance requirements. Happtique's standards are downloadable.
- LifeHacker is an up-to-date directory of the "best" apps for smartphones and computers.
- NLM (National Library of Medicine) Mobile Authoritative guide to NLM mobile resources will improve your ability to find and use NLM mobile apps and sites. You can save the app to your home screen for those times when you have no wireless connection or cell signal. The index of NLM mobile resources is available for offline browsing. The app will be updated with the latest information once the device is re-connected to the Internet.
- Skyscape, a platform for medical and nursing resources. The resources are expensive but if you are going to use them frequently, a look at Skyscape is worth your while.
And you can use to keep up-to-date on news, commentary, online events, and research for the global mobile health community at MobiHealthNews.